FX Bikes has some hard core adventurers lining up for long range expeditions on Mountain Motos, such as:
- Crossing the Andes via donkey trails.
- Mt Everest Base Camp
- Canada to Mexico via the Rocky Mountains
- Mongolia…1000 miles with no roads
- Around the world (of course)!
We’ll kit these factory-sponsored riders up with:
- Extended range fuel tank (3 gallons / 12 litres, 360 mile / 600 kilometre max range)
- Make sure they can tie all their gear on easily
- Ruggedize all over
- Street legalize if needed
- Whatever ize it takes
- and feed this all into the FX Expedition model.
Its kind of the opposite concept to Ewan McGregor’s Long Way Round on BMWs carrying full camping and spare parts kits, which was:
- 90% sealed roads
- 9% gravel/dirt roads
- 1% off-road (and usually fallen over with 2 guys to pick up).
FX explorers can carry gear as well, but super-lightweight hiking-style kits, or pop onto support vehicles and focus on spending
- 90% of the time off-road
- 9% on broken roads/trails
- 1% in between on sealed roads.
What do you think?
If you have serious expedition experience (not necessarily on motorcycles) and you have some adventure ideas for an FX Expedition, you can apply for factory sponsorship.
Otherwise, its still free to get your name on the wait list.